Saturday, September 06, 2008

Masters of Song Fu - Update #4

Song Fu logo

The second round of Song Fu has begun and the next challenge has been set. As expected, I didn't make it through to the next round, but I'm planning on following through with each of the challenges anyway. It focuses the mind and sets an unbreakable deadline to create something new. So...

Your challenge is to choose a famous inventor and craft a song proposing a “dance craze” based on either the inventor or one of his/her most well known inventions.

This struck me as a much more interesting challenge than the first, as within the space of a minute of reading this challenge I had 3 ideas about subject matter, though it quickly became apparent that only one of those was really workable. I won't reveal any more at this stage, though I'm pretty sure that it won't be duplicated by those still in the competition as it has a bit of a UK bias. I will say that I have already got a first draft of the lyrics written, which I'm pretty happy with. Just need to work out some music to go with them and I can get stuck into recording.



Tags: , , ,

No comments: